Science is not Disconnected to Life; it is Life

Life as we know it is filled with science. Eat food, put on clothes, brush your teeth or wash your face and you are experiencing the benefits of Science whether you understand it or not. Alternatively, suffer from the flu, shiver from the cold in your room, or experiment with drugs and you are experiencing the negative aspects of not understanding Science around you and the impact that it has on your life. An understanding of Science improves life. It can cause life. It can save a life. Science matters.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Thoughts Behind Science

Reading through materials for this week's course has got me so excited about science. I feel like I am using science to analyze how I ...use science! My views, my philosophies, my understandings about the nature of science and its uses are all being discussed and I am so excited about delving into these areas and in discussing and listening to others on the topic. What impact will my study of science have on what I accomplish/learn and how I will use it? What results will my philosophies have as they matriculate to my students? The broad, big picture is so much of the way that I organize ideas that it makes me look forward to what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment